Friday

preview to my annual review

I had a one-on-one monthly meeting with my manager. To my surprise towards the end of my meeting, he mentioned that he is preparing to write-up our yearly review. I joked and mentioned to him that our company must be doing well since they offered us a 1% profit sharing match to our annual salary.

He responded by saying we are indeed profitable this year and hinted to me that a raise might be in the horizon. You see, last year he had lobbied for a raise for me but due to the state of the faltering economy, our upper management rejected the idea to give me more money. So this year, he did drop some hints that he had requested a raise of more than 3% for me.

It made my day to know that the company had a good year and that I might see an increase in my next paycheck. More to come.....

5 comments:

Mike said...

More than 3%? Jackpot!

I received a 1% raise last year.

Hoping for more this year too. Haha..

Investing Newbie said...

Ooh! I hope you get it! Especially for us that aren't getting anything. But I shouldn't complain, I switched jobs last year and inadvertently secured a 33% raise. So I guess at that rate, they won't raise my pay for at least another 5 years!

Money Honey SF said...

Mike - When is your review? My review comes around this time of year because financial companies usually close out their books around this time of year. 1% is not bad last year. Good luck to you this year.

Investing Newbie - 33% is awesome. Can't complain there. It would probably take us on average 6 years to secure that kind of percentage raise.

Revanche said...

Congrats, most managers don't go to bat for their employees that consistently.

Anonymous said...

This website is the suitable I enjoyed it so much