Wednesday

randomness: is Blogging soooo 2006?

A survey came out and reported that teenagers and young adults now spend less time blogging. They just don't blog as much since the introduction of social media sites such as Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter. 28% of teens age 12-17 and young adults age 18-29 use to actively blog in 2006. Fast foward 3 years later, the percentage dipped to 14.5% for both group. That is a massive drop by about 50%!

I have to fess up that I don't have membership to either of the 3 social media outlets. My friends and family think I'm an outcast for not joining in on the social networking craze. But I think I'm perfectly normal and sane to withstand my own. Besides, I've enjoy blogging though I've enter onto this scene rather late (helping to increase the number up to an even 15%). And I am not just blogging about ANYTHING, it's about the CASH MONEY Honey baby!

5 comments:

SeeJaneGetRich.com said...

I think what happened is that those teens and young adults kept blogging and they now they are adult bloggers. But their younger siblings never had myspace accounts and Xanga accounts (blogging & social networking sites) and instead had facebook and twitter.

I think micro-blogging is really taking off these days but I notice that most posts on twitter tends to contain links to pages with actual postings.

Moneymonk said...

I so agree, I see that 2006 is the peak of blogger around the time I started. I see blogging is beginning to fade away in 2009 when twitter because popular. Why blog when you can micro blog?

Jayde said...

Wow you don't even have Facebook, that's amazing! I'm in awe of people who have the ability to stay away from social networking because I can't seem to help myself!

I think it is true that 2006 was a hot blogging time. I used to be a member of Xanga and just about everyone I knew was blogging away on Xanga. Today if I log in there's really nothing to read and everyone has stopped blogging.

And blogging about money is so good for you!

Investing Newbie said...

How could you not be on FB? I was on Twitter, but then I stopped for a various reasons. I've never liked Myspace though...

They did an interesting study that compared the demographics of users across those three social media outlets. Apparently, Twitter users are the most wealthy and educated with Myspace being on the opposite end.

Money Honey SF said...

Then I must start using TWITTER. =)

No I honestly do not have affiliation with any of those social media site. I have a handful of friends and keep in touch with them constantly with events. I just feel facebook or MySpace is really not neccessary. And I'm just speaking solely on my situation and feeling. Both DH and I don't have facebook. Hey but I'm bloggin and loving this community!